People cause the majority of fires in the United States. Although fires are classified as disasters, only 15% of them occur naturally. The other 85% is due to human activity, and trash burning is one of those activities. In addition to being a fire risk, backyard trash burning affects our health as well.
Many local governments do a lot to assist residents in disposing of waste properly. Still, the responsibility lies with each citizen to ensure proper residential junk removal is done and discarding waste in a way that doesn’t affect the environment.
Water and Air Pollution
The smoke from burning unsorted trash impacts the environment and people’s health. Many materials in the trash are known to release toxic chemicals when burned. When we inhale the polluted air, it can cause many health issues such as asthma and other respiratory diseases.
The residue from burning also contaminates the soil and groundwater, finding its way into human food through crops and livestock. Properly disposing of residential junk and trash is the first step to improving the environment.
As mentioned above, the primary cause of residential area fires is backyard debris burning. People can be careless about attending a trash fire and not extinguish it completely. An unattended fire is a risk to people, property, and natural resources. Fires can also lead to death or fatal injuries.
Exposure to Hazardous Smoke
Some of the pollutants found in the smoke released by open garbage burning are sulfur oxide, nitrogen oxide, furan, dioxin, mercury, arsenic, and hydrochloric acid. Exposure to dioxins and furans has been linked to liver problems, neural problems, certain types of cancer, and immune system impairment. People exposed to some of these chemicals suffer respiratory issues regardless of age. Prolonged exposure causes rashes, headaches, and nausea, which increases the risk of developing heart disease.
Residential junk removal companies have professionals who know how to handle trash effectively—ever heard of the 3Rs? Reuse, Reduce, and Recycle to cut down on garbage and, if possible, avoid disposable and one-use items. The 3Rs are one of the best ways to handle trash and protect peoples’ health and the environment.
Purchase durable products that can be repaired, recharged, and reused. If you no longer have use for some of your items, donate them. Recycle as much as you can. Finally, you can call the trash professionals at McJunk for effective residential junk removal. Call 919-850-4377 and set up an appointment today.The post What You Need To Know About The Effects Of Trash Burning first appeared on McJunk.